U-Design WordPress Theme
There are quite good response for business done through websites nowadays. Business people try to establish their products and services online. Since all companies do the same, competition has started being heavy on the web.
Its high time that companies do have the right sort of page for themselves. Right websites get more viewers. U-Design is a template that would help company people to create a professional page that would be perfect for their companies.
The template has got classic appearance and you can find the options in the template to be customized. The font and design of the title of the template is quite cool and different with 2 cool colors too. The template is designed in such a way that any images rocks with the template. You can add the mission or purpose of your company in the first page of the website.
U-Design is a very powerful theme which suits both, users with no programming background as well as advanced developers. It will help you build your site in no time to your liking with minimal effort. It empowers you to set any color to elements such as backgrounds, links, text, menu links, etc. You can completely change the look and feel of your site in seconds. You can also choose from over 150 fonts, including Google Font Directory and Cufón fonts. This number will grow with time since many new fonts are being added to the Google fonts library. The theme also features 6 (six) Home page sliders for you to choose from.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has been made a priority when designing the U-Design theme. In the code hierarchy, the main content block is placed before the sidebar regardless of the sidebar position, so it is crawled first by search engines. Another very powerful SEO feature has been implemented regarding Heading (h1, h2, h3,…) tags in that on the Home page the ‘h1’ tag is assigned to the site name and the rest of pages/posts/archives etc., the main Title has been assigned an ‘h1’ tag.
U-Design Template makes it easy to create a World class website with a unique style and clear focused message…
Six Home Page Sliders
You will be able to upload and reorder slider images in the theme’s options page.
- Flashmo Grid Slider – Features beautiful transition effects. The slider can be configured entirely through the theme’s backend option’s page, no need to deal with any code or xml files. Very easy and convenient interface to control this beautiful slider.
- Piecemaker Flash Slider – Customize every aspect of the slider through the theme’s options page, including being able to upload the slider images, re-order the slides (drag-and-drop), delete slides, choose from 40 different tween types, etc.
- Piecemaker 2 Flash Slider – Similar to the Piecemaker slider with the exception that now you can add Flash and Video slides as well as unlimited number of transitions.
- jQuery Cycle Slider Full Width Image – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. Choose from 28 transition effects that could be assigned independently to each slide. Slide link with the option to open in current or new window. Also remove the 3D shadow option is available.
- jQuery Cycle Slider With an Image, Text and Button – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. Choose from 28 transition effects that could be assigned independently to each slide. Link button auto generated with the option to open the link in current or new window. Also remove the 3D shadow option is available.
- jQuery Cycle Slider With sliding Images and Sliding Text – Slide controls available: pause, resume, jump to a specific slide. The practical aspect of this slider is that it allows you to create dynamic interactive look of three sliding layers.
- An additional “No slider” option has been added with the ability to add custom text in the place of the slider
Choosing Your Fonts & Colors:
- Over 150 fonts offered (more info)
- Unlimited combinations of colors (more info)
- Background Images – You could also upload background images on per section bases instead of solid background color if you wish. (more info)
- U-Design: Recent Posts – Display the most recent posts with teaser text, author and date info (optional), you also have the option to offset the displayed recent posts from the most current one, use this to omit the first 2 or 3 latest posts for example. In addition to that the widget allows you to select a specific category and all its descendants respectively. Limit the number of words to show from each post. Auto generate thumbnails and optionally show thumbnail frame shadow.
- U-Design: Login Form – Displays a login in the sidebar. Users can login and logout directly from the sidebar without being redirected to the default WP login page.
- U-Design: Custom Category widget – allows you to display a single category and all of its descendant categories respectively. This comes in handy for sections of the website such as the Portfolio or Blog/News, where you might want to narrow the categories displayed in the sidebar for the current section to be more relevant.
- U-Design: Google Map – Copy and paste your Google map code to display a Google Map in the sidebar.
- U-Design: Subpages – Displays a current pages’ children pages. The parent is displayed as the title. This widget is handy if you have a lot of pages that would normally take up too much room in the sidebar, so you could use this widget to display a much shorter version of the menu in the sidebar showing just the descendant pages of the current page.
Home page Columns with Widget Areas
- There are 11 (eleven) widget areas. They are designed in a such a way to span the width of the page dynamically, e.g. if one column is deactivated, then the remaining columns will re-size to span the full width of the page, if let’s say only one column is active then it will span the full width of the page, etc.
There are 8 (eight) custom sidebars with positioning that could be set as left or right at any time from the theme’s Options page for each section (e.g. Blog, Contact page, Sitemap page, etc.) independently.
- In the code hierarchy, the main content block is always placed before the sidebar regardless of the sidebar position, so it is crawled first by search engines.
They go hand in hand with the available page templates (see below) and allow for customized look and feel for the various sections of the website. Available sidebars:
- Portfolio section sidebar
- Blog section sidebar
- Contact page sidebar
- Default page sidebar
- Pages sidebar 2
- Pages sidebar 3
- Pages sidebar 4
- Sitemap sidebar
- Pre-formatted Business Contact Fields – that could be entered directly from the theme’s Options page. This feature can be enabled/disabled from the Option’s page as well. The Business Contact Fields provide a way to better display additional contact information such as Company Name, Address, Phone, etc.
- E-mail form:
- Phone number validation (North America format) that could be enabled/disabled from the theme’s Options page (disabled by default).
- The contact form offers ReCAPTCHA for extra security
Unlimited Portfolio sections/pages.
- You can choose from four layouts: one, two, three and four column
- Auto generate portfolio thumbnails
- You can add description to each portfolio item
- Specify the number of items per page
- Automatic pagination
- Option to include/exclude date, post metadata and comments from the portfolio item’s individual post
- Custom sidebar with widgets and sidebar position control for the portfolio item’s individual post
- Galleries (no text, just image thumbnails)
Refer to the Typography page for examples.
960 Grid system
This theme has been designed with the help of the 960-grid system – more info here
Incoming search terms:
- wordpress design
- U-Design WordPress Theme download
- u design wordpress theme
- u-design theme
- udesign template
- udesign wordpress organize submenus
- udesign theme
- udesign 1 9 1
- u-design wordpress theme help
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.